Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The moving shadow!

This is a short story I wrote for my school assignment....

THE MOVING SHADOW

I was sitting on the sofa that late evening. My parents were not at home. I was scared! I cuddled up with my favourite cushion. I slowly pressed my finger against the rubber buttons of the t.v remote control. All the channels were showing horror movies. I had nothing to do so, I sat to watch one.
The movie kept on running, it never ended. The doors started to crack. I hugged my cushion even tighter than ever. The telephone rang in the t.v, bats hid behind the villian's back. When the interval took place, i ran to the kitchen for some popcorn. I tip-toed carefully so that, no ghost, vampire or zombie could appear from the off-white cracked walls, covered with greyish, whitish shadows. I cooked the popping popcorn and ran back to the sofa. I hugged my cushion tightly and stuffed loads of popcorn into my mouth.
After an hour or so, the movie ended with an evil laughter. I jumped up in terror! I was so frightened that i dint even bother to turn off the t.v, i ran to my room, slammed the door shut, turned off the lights and jumped into bed. My room was covered with different, wierd and scary shadows. I tried to shut my eyes tightly, but i just couldnt sleep. The shadows were moving! I could see ghosts moving in my head! I was so scared, that I woke up!
Phewww! It was just a dream. Everything was still and normal.
As the sun broke through my window and the dawn took place in the sky, i got up for school and totally forgot about the moving shadow!

4 comments:

  1. Hi
    this is me rohan OMG that was a fantastic story love rohan

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there, loved the story...very entertaining!! can't believe a 10 yr old has written this...great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! have you read Nancy drew? that used to be mamoo's favorite novel...If you haven't, you should, you'll have a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm lookin at this blog after so many years and am findin a lot of things prety cute. I mean the stuff I wrote when I was 9 :)

      Delete